13 October 2006

Flash

Again with the behind on Socktoberfest posting.



Here is my sock stash. Isn't it pitifully small?








Lolly's Questions:

Do you have certain patterns planned for some of the yarns? Do you buy yarn and then choose a pattern?

Um, sometimes. The green Opal Gems in the top left is meant to be some leaf lace socks, and some Pinguin I forgot about until just now was meant for a lace pattern. Otherwise, no. When I comes to sock yarn, I go with what makes me happy.

Does a certain sock yarn you have in your stash take you back to a certain event? (where you were when you bought/received it? what was going on in your life at the time!)

Sure. The green/blue ball in the lower right is part of my Dye-O-Rama pal's beeyoutiful gift to me (there's more, but that's what I could find while getting ready for work). The Artyarns came from the Yarn Harlot time at WEBS, while the Lorna's Laces is from KnitterBunny and the Swizzle is from Lisa. I could keep going, but I think I made my point :)


Gathering my wee sock stash together has given me a very important insight: I need more sock yarn. For a while now, I've thought I had a whole lot more than I apparently do. How sadly mistaken I've been, and how much more sock yarn I can buy (I'm holding back an evil laugh). This afternoon I plan to be at Sit N Knit in W. Hartford for Stitchy's talk. Bwahaha!

4 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Small sock stash but I see some gorgeous things in there!

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amateur ;o)

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger swan/dragon said...

Wow. All I can say is, I must be the absolute modicum of restraint when it comes to stash.
And how much yarn do you intend to buy at Rhinebeck? And how many sets of needles do you have, because I am always looking for clever gifts to send you. Whatchoo need?

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you can certainly use a little sock yarn stash enhancement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home