26 September 2006

Oh, my

So today was it, the day the new library operating system went live. Sadly, by "went live" I mean that it is mostly dead, in a Miracle Max sort of way. At our end-of-day meeting today (we had a morning one, too. Ouch.) the Director asked what we wanted to have at our Oh My God We Survived the Migration party on Friday. Without thinking, I answered "Scotch." (And I don't drink scotch.)

But! I will be back to regular posting soon, this week's copious wine drinking aside. I've been reading blogs, and even commenting on them, but it seems that each post I've tried to write recently comes out sort of half-formed, like too-clever D&D character that needs to be killed off quick.

Tommorow, real post with real progress. Spinning! Socks! Jewish Holy Days!

I have to go write a paper now, one that's kinda due tonight. It seems my topic of The Social Consequnces of the Early Printing Press meets the paramaters of next week's paper. Not today's. Eeek.

6 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger swan/dragon said...

Good luck on the paper. Congrats on the library change-over. And my vote is, of course, always, for a fine Kentucky bourbon with red wax dripping down the top of the bottle. Nothing but rocks, baby.

And, yaaayyy! Spinning and knitting return, with real Fair Isle progress in the works!
And what happened to Olive? We have seen very little in the hijinks department lately. I miss Olive. Hope you didn't kill her.

 
At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that you shouldn't be totally stressed out about work and such, but isn't there a little bunny coming to you soon?

When's the big day?

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must feel good to have the library change over done. Can't wait to see what your knitting and spinning!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Bring on the wine!! I'm on a wine (and yarn...and everything else) diet for the next couple weeks...so tip one back for me! ;)

And speaking from experience, cut-overs in any type of system, whether library or telecommunications or accounting or ANYTHING just somehow always end up causing more trouble than their worth...at least, in the beginning.

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miracle Max! Hee! Congrats on the changeover - and I think Scotch is a perfectly good choice ;o)

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger teabird said...

I've been through library system changeovers - they're pure hell. Nothing works the way they should, screens don't match the training materials... but you get through them, trust me!

Lovely fair isle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home