04 October 2006

A new leaf

Right now, as I write this, I am experiencing something I've never felt before.

My own hand-knit socks. On my own feet. Not socks for someone else that I'm just testing the fit of. No stressing over horribly kitchenered toes. Socks. For. Me.



Side view, resting on the screen of my bedroom window (that's a rock ledge out there, and yes, those are kitty pajamas. What of it?).




Front view. There's no natural light today, sorry.


These socks, these warm little wool hugs of self-love (which sounds dirtier than I imagined it would) have made me reconsider something. I'm not knitting for other people any more, unless SPECIFICALLY asked. Huh-uh. I have felt the power of the hand-knit sock, and I am embracing my selfishness. From now on, (that is, after my holiday requirements) only socks for me and for charity.

Please hold me to this.

6 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Selfish? I don't think so. ;)

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger swan/dragon said...

I think you are undeniable bitten by the sock bug and may end up knitting them for any old someone who asks for them. Or looks at you funny. Especially since you are doing them on larger needles now and they take so little time and commitment.
But for the mean time, bask in the self indugence of your awesome socks. And thanks for finally covering up your feet.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

Lovely socks! And I agree with the others; only wear handknit socks!!!

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sockage! ;o) And I'm with Dragon - thanks for finally covering up those dogs...hehehe

 
At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks!

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great feeling, handknit socks, one that most humans have never experienced. A feeling I don't go after nearly often enough.

I'm jealouos. But I don't suppose you'll be knitting me socks any time soon....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home