12 November 2006

Where have I been??

I had no idea that I hadn't posted since October 26. That is, until I started getting emails from various folks. Some were really nice, saying wonderful things of worry and concern. Others? They were a little more, um, forceful. I love my friends (but sometimes they scare me). The whole time, all I could think of was my utter lack of knitting and spinning content. I had absolutely nothing to blog about besides my homework. And if I don't find my homework interesting, then it is some pretty crappy blog material.

After my big week of homework I blogged about last time, I was so exhausted I slept all the time. 8 pm and time for prime time? I was snoozing on the couch. Time to write a paper (because it was due the next day). Face down on the bed, still in my work clothes. I thought I was just recouping from the monumental homework week.

I am not a smart girl, as can be seen. The evidence?

I found that I was more than 8 weeks pregnant.


(My little one, at 8 weeks and 6 days)


Some important parts of the picture:

-The big part under the word "Dad" is his/her head
-The arrow is pointing to an arm. When she took the picture, the little hand was waving at me!
-The dark spot a bit under the arm is the heart. It was beating so fast, and totally beyond "neat" to see it pulsating. I cried.
-At the end, the part that goes up near the top is the umbilical cord.

I have to tell you that I *never* believed that I was pregnant. It didn't matter that I haven't been able to eat a thing for four freakin' weeks without feeling like I'd yak it right back up. I thought it was an ulcer. An inability to stay awake if I sat still for more than five minutes? Well, it has been busy at work. No more sleeping on my stomach because the girls protested? That's just PMS...that lasted a month.

As I said, I am not bright. But holy crap, look what I have to look forward to.

19 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! Congrats!!!

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good golly, Miss Molly! You HAVE been busy!!!!!

What an exciting time for you!!!

Too many exclamation points, but I mean every one!!!

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! :o))

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it! When you sent me the email the other day saying you couldn't stay up past 8. I knew that was it. Congratulations to you both!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Zarzuela said...

Awww congrats!!! That is definitely something to make you tired!

Jessica

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Mazel Tov!! Don't worry, after the first trimester you get back to semi-normal. Then the nesting starts!! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy every last minute of the next 21 years!!

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger swan/dragon said...

Yay!
I can't wait to be Crazy Aunt Lisa again. Dibs on teaching the kid to flip the bird. And to properly spit. Cursing colorfully, that's mine, too. And a lot of other inappropraite behavior that will get me out of babysitting for a lifetime.
I couldn't be happier for you and Mr. CygKnit. Congratulations.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Netter said...

Congratulations. How exciting, a baby Cygknit! I totally get the exhaustion thing, I could barely move when I got home from work during my first trimester. You should get some energy back soon.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG I'm so excited for you!!! Congratulations and happiness and hugs! :) :) :)

You could have heard my squeal from the next county when I read your post...*giggles*

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

My little problem getting to your blog seems to be gone and what an excellent post to come back too!!!

Very happy for you both.

Dawn

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! Ummm... congratulations?

I'm glad you're taking it so well, and I hope that you have a wonderful pregnancy. I'd be freaking out, but that's because I'm a non-breeder.

Does your family know yet? I don't know much about you yet, but I know if I was pregnant my parents would set fire to the phone lines in their joy to spread the news.

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Take care of yourself -- lots of rest, okay!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

Congratulations! How exciting. Now you have an excuse to knit beautiful baby sweaters, etc.!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

Oh, wow! What happy news! Congratulations!

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! Fantastic! Wonderful! Congratulations!!

I just exclaimed "Oh no WAY!!" when I read your post, which had my Joshua going what? What?! I think all the neighbours know... :)

Have fun with the pregnancy, I hope it goes well for you. And in a way, how nice that you got to avoid realizing how yucky the first trimester can be. ;)

Big hug! *grin*

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations. That's a wonderful, wonderful discovery.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Katy said...

Surprise!!
You should have some more energy in about, oh six weeks. ;) And oh, how I loved seeing the heart on those ultrasounds.
Congratulations!

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well holy crap indeed! I hope the bunny likes the baby ;) Now this all reminds me, how will the nip be for nursing?

 
At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! Congrats! So cool to see the ultra sound*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home