16 October 2006

Not that kind of girl

Really.

I love to knit, and I do it as frequently as I can. Lunch breaks, trips with Mr. Cygknit (including trips to Target), and far too many hours I should be doing schoolwork. On a scale of obsessed, however, I don't rank nearly as I high as my co-workers I would like to think I am. Yes, I will chose to knit over cleaning. I will even pick knitting over reading a book (which is a change of pace for me). But knitting over sleep? Oh. No. That's crazy talk.

So. Right. *Ahem* I present Fetching



No sleep for me until the ends were woven in


So, Fetching is kinda Bunny's fault. Mr. Cygknit set up the bunny pen a little after 5pm to clean the main cage out, and asked if I'd like to sit with Bun. I grabbed a jacket and sat inside the enclosure, watching the considerable frolicking (and eating of greens. Bunny likes greens.) The landlords walked over to chat, and we all stood around for a good while just talking. My hands got cold. Really cold. And I remembered: I wanted to make fingerless gloves back in April. When talking and cage cleaning and gazing fondly at the bunny were done, I cast me on a project.

There's just one problem:



Fig. 1




Fig. 2


Wish me luck.

10 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

Oh my! This will probably be a test of nerves more than anything else, LOL

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger swan/dragon said...

You will be amazed at how much yarn an eighth of an ounce really is. Do not fret. And nice mitts; inspired by anyone we know?

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plenty of yarn....

 
At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that should be enough to finish the other mitt.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Julie said...

What's the margin of error for your balance? You could be just fine!

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got plenty - no sweat ;o)

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger swan/dragon said...

Also -- the mitts certainly do show off that gorgeous half carat ideal cut engagement ring Mr. C got you once upon a time... Can't resist the sparkly.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Diamond? What diamond? I was looking at the knitting. I made some squared for Grandma Purl and also had to break out the scales to see if there was enough yarn to make two squares from each skein. I was within 0.05 grams weight for each block and had less than a yard left.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Zarzuela said...

Hello Rhinebeck square o' mine! Your first fetching is so nice, I really hope you make it through the second! Hope to see you this weekend. :)

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A coworker just finished a pair of those - yours looks wonderful! I think you will be fine with the 2nd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home