17 October 2006

I know I'm not the only one

I have a list of things to do before Rhinebeck that is freakin' huge. Overwhelming. And I know I can't be the only one.

See, Ms. Dragon is flying up here on Thursday for a weekend of Rhinebeck fun. We're spending Thursday, Friday and Saturday night at some nice place in Red Hook (let's not dwell on the fact that I can't for the life of me remember the name of the place. We'll worry about that tomorrow). Somewhere between the homework, the cleaning and the packing, I have to figure out the nearest Starbucks to Hartford Airport (apparently the girl needs caffeine immediately upon deplaning. I can't argue with that).

(For the record, I spent over 20 minutes trying to figure out what to type next, as all that was in my head is was Rhinebeck Rhinebeck Rhinebeck Rhinebeck Rhinebeck Rhinebeck Rhinebeck Rhinebeck Rhinebeck Rhinebeck Rhinebeck Rhinebeck Rhinebeck Rhinebeck Rhinebeck.)

Right. So, I am taking everyone's advice that 1/8 of an ounce of yarn is *plenty* to finish the mitt 2. I would feel silly about being so worried, but I'm going to wait to see how it turns out, ok? I am sure y'all are 100% right. I'm just a little slightly not noticeably high strung. I admit it.

Sadly, mitt 2 been getting little time with me, what with the alarmingly long to-do list and the homework that I *cough* kindagotbehindon *cough*. Progress as of this morning:

(Note the Rhinebeck Bingo card in the background!)


I made it through the last cable on my lunch break today, so it goes, if slowly.

Tuesdays are my Knit With Terry nights, assuming I've been a good girl and done my homework (due on Tuesdays). What was I working on last night? Hemmed down some stitches, that's what.


(a poorly photographed Hourglass sweater)

Lest it appear that I will *actually* finish my Olympic Rhinebeck sweater, I still have a few more stitches to hem down.

(UV index in Connecticut 10/18/06: 0. Stitches left to hem: 270ish)

This angle is bad, I know, and the sweater isn't nearly as shapeless as it appears. I was running late for a doctor's appointment*. Also, for the record, I haven't ever tried this sweater on. I know this puts me in the running for Stupidest Knitter of the Year, but I'm badly superstitious about this sweater. I don't know why. I really hope to wear it Saturday. Really, really really. Rhinebeck Rhinebeck Rhinebeck. Anyone else as excited as a kid going to the circus?

* I was told today that I have to cut my caffeine intake to zero. I'm really not happy (read: I cried in front of the Dr.). There might be some whining or general crankiness in posts over the coming weeks. I'm really sorry, in advance.

5 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger swan/dragon said...

What?! No CAFFEINE!!???

You are getting as bad as Jenn (Chemically Enhanced Jenn to those who know and love us, who happens to be allergic to, of all things, caffeine.)

There should be mandatory Starbucks locations in every airport. If they are going to torture us with security measures, then they should reward those of us who don't carry napalm in our carry-ons with lattes.
OMG see you tomorrow.

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Find a different doctor. That's not right.

Have fun at Rhinebeck but not too much fun; some of us are feeling a little sad right now, here, at home, for the whole weekend....

I love the hourglass sweater.

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel I have a ton of stuff to get done to. Most of it cleaning the house and preparing my husband and children for my day away on Saturday.

Great sweater! I'm sure you'll get it done in time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hope to see you and Dragon on Saturday!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Netter said...

No caffeine! I don't drink coffee, but could not live without my diet cokes.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Worse and worse. When the Dr. took me off caffine years ago, he also forbade (nice word, that!) chocolate! Carob is NOT the same. luckily, a new medicine came on the market that is more effective and lets me have caffine. The first day I was back on caffinated tea, I turned to my DH and said,"Wow! Let's paint the house! I bet we could do the whole thing today."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home