05 February 2007

I find myself wanting to start of this post with something like: "Nope, not much going on here!"

But then I remember I've knit 1.25 newborn cardigans, and I think that might count as something.

I wish I could post pictures of the two, and bask in the glow of seeing my handiwork on the vast and glorious Internets. Unfortunately, I completely forgot this weekend that my camera-to-computer cable isn't any good. That it so completely slipped my mind kinda worries me. (Since I forgot to take my credit card out of my pocket this morning, I'm looking online to see if I can order one. Must strike while the memory is hot. Or something).

Right, the cardi's. I've done the body and one sleeve for Buster, using this yarn & color. Really, I'm not sure on the olive any more. In the store, in the lighting in the store, I was very fond of the lighter and darker greens. In the (lack of) light in my house, I wonder if I'm trying to put my (lack of) color onto my child. As for the other cardi, I've just done 2 sleeves so far. The yarn is delicious to knit with. So, soft, so gentle, I'm tempted to put on my best Long Island accent and invoke a simile of spreadable dairy product. It is that good, I tell you. The green I'm using, I think this (my monitor is awful and the yarn is at home), is so much more...I don't know. Baby. What do you think?

Pictures of each:

(While typing this post, I've managed to find and purchase online the right cable for the camera. Pictures of the cardis to come as soon as I wrap my head around how easy it was to just sit down and whip out the card. Now I know how Jess feels with buying fiber.)

Elsewhere on my mind:

I realized that spending so much time on the baby boards (message boards for pregnant women, generally centered around due dates/months) has taken away the coherent thought I used to put into blogging. I'm attempting to wean myself off them, and come back to my home. You people.

I realized that leaving a bunny alone for 3 days with no human contact is a bad idea. Especially when a) he's molting (read: leaving little trails of angora wherever he goes) and b) you think he's "over" his bad power cord chewing habit. Please don't ask my husband about the fire behind the sofa. He's still a bit upset about that.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

What's this about a fire?

I for one am happy to see you back in the family. Now quit being such a black sheep. ;)

Oh yes, and brush the bunny.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

That's a hoot about your bunny. They do have opinions, don't they? And I love the greens. And I'm glad you haven't forgotten us :)

 
At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely prefer the darker green.

Tell your husband that someday your child will smash the fender on your car. A fire behind the sofa? It's nothing. Nothing, I tell you.

:-)

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Netter said...

Oh, poor bunny!

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait 'til the teen years...there will be more fires, this I promise you ;o)

Oh and online shopping is da BOMB! I am going through some serious withdrawals these days...which I am alleviating with sock yarn...*ahem*

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty greens! Can't wait to see the cardigans. I too am a big fan of online shopping. My husband, well...not so much!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Glad to see you're coming back to "your people". We've missed you, even though you have a really good excuse. Once you start thinking about babies, you see them everywhere! You seem to be doing more knitting than I am (in spite of what you may have heard about the Huge Blue Sweater...)

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Hi,

I came across your blog from Kelli's (Knitter Bunny) blog. Congratulations on having a boy!! I have a 2 year old boy. He is our one and only at the moment. The first thing about a boy is when you change them to make sure you have a wash cloth or some sort of cover for the "boy part" so as not to get peed on. It tends to go off when uncovered. :)

Oh crap you had a fire! I hope that nothing was damaged.

If you have any questions about anything baby boy related I would be more than happy to try and help you.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

We do hope you won't forget us non-baby knitters--but we all know that just has to be in your mind intensely! You say you might wean yourself from those things, but I believe in natural weaning--with babies and with bloggers. When you are ready, you'll be back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home