10 January 2007

We interrupt this morning sickness to tell you...

That I'm (mostly) back in action. Whoo hooo. My Mac is back from the Dr., Mr. C's hard drive is installed and operating, our cell phones actually work (there was a recall on the chargers because they weren't charging. I've been telling them this for months, but to no avail) and our camera? Well, at least it runs on batteries.

So, all in all, I'm back in blogging action--at least as long as the AA's hold up. To that end, I have pictures! I was home alone the day I realized I had batteries, so took these belly shots myself. Sadly, the lighting in the bathroom is wretched and I was forced to try out snazzy effects to make the colors less garish.

Here is a flash-less shot at 17 weeks & 4 days:


And one to say hello, since I rarely show my face around here:


Don't I look too big to be still getting sick?? Yeah, I think so, too. However, it seems this baby is in charge and I'll be doing the porcelain Rhumba until he/she decides otherwise. On a positive note, I'm 45% of the way through, AND I find out on Thursday if I can write HE or SHE instead of he/she in my posts. Yay! (I'm kinda excited about this.)

Right, knitting...

I have finally determined that part of the reason I'm not knitting so much right now relates to the projects I'm working on. The socks for my mom (seen here when I thought I could finish them for Socktoberfest. Ha!) aren't fun to knit as the yarn (Sockotta) is rough in my hands and I think the color is a bit...garish. My Mom picked it out, though, so I don't have much choice. I do need to get them to her by my sister's wedding on Jan 27, which means I need to get working. It would be nice if I finished the second bed sock for my grandmother by then, too. Although she won't be at the wedding, my dad will be able to deliver them for me if I can get them done. I think I just need to just put on my big girl pants and get over second sock syndrome.

Of course, instead of working on either of these, I've cast on a new project to remove me from sock funk. I think I'll save it for another post, though, as I think it will deserve it's own.

In other news, I got a package!!


This is from the Lovely and Talented NeedleTart. What you see is a Burt's Bees Baby kit, a wonderful board book, a book titled "101 Secrets A Good Dad Knows," a book of her own recipes (wow!), a card/social game about food, and the best (hiding behind/supporting everything): a wonderfully scented "rice thingie" (her term) that when microwaved for a short time gives off warmth and lavendar-y scented comfort. She even included a spare cover for it! If you can click for big, you'll see the knit sheepy pattern, too. Ms. NeedleTart must have read my mind, because I've been having trouble the past few weeks with sore muscles at night. Thank you from both me and Mr. CygKnit!

On the blocking board right now (ok, the ironing board) is a wonderful gift from Knitter Bunny. I hope to have a pic of it next time, too. Hopefully, next time won't be another two weeks...

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Believe me, Mr Needletart's favorite part of the rice thingie is that my toes get warmed by something other than his ankles. Now about my cold, cold fingers......

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back! How nice of needletart to seen you such a lovely package!

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great! I hope the puking ends soon...

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger swan/dragon said...

You DO look great. But I miss you despite the fact that the kid is eating your brain.

 
At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look wonderful. (About the morning sickness--a good friend of mine was sick throughout all three of her pregnancies--you get no guarantees!)

It's a very exciting time for you, puking aside, and I'm really happy for both of you. Good luck with the ultrasound!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Finally. Geesh, I've been waiting for you to post for-ev-er. ;)

Pukey not so good, but hopefully Olive has learned to get out of the way. hee hee

Needletart surely sent you lovely things too.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Beccabec said...

YIPPPPPEEEEE! I am excited to see you back online and writing again. I love the pics and you will have to call me on Thursday to let me know if you are going to be knitting pink or blue.

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! You look great, and I'm glad you're feeling better...

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

You look so beautiful! Hope you feel better soon!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

Sounds like things are looking up! I'm glad for the good news and hope you feel well soon. It's tough to still feel sick this far along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home