21 November 2006

Catch-up and A Story

So, I started a post on Sunday. Really and truly and 100% about a wee project I was knitting. I was so excited to be both knitting and blogging that I may well have swelled up with pride at my own cleverness. As the Knitting Fates would have it, I apparently abandoned said project just an inch and a half from completion. I would feel guilty about this except that it is out of sight (it may well be under the sofa, I heard the bunny chewing on something last night).

After sending the story below in an email to Lisa, she asked if I would post it on the blog. Since the likelihood of me finishing that wee project and subsequent post is slim, I present this. (Please don't read if you have a weak stomach.)

The Joys of Morning Sickness, or Where Olive Gets Her Due

So, this morning I was brushing my teeth as I was getting ready for work. Olive, of course, wanted to be in on the fun and jumped up onto the sink just as I was about to spit out my toothpaste. Because she was taking up the entire sink space, I kept the toothpaste inside instead of spitting it out--which activated my gag reflex. Up came my breakfast as I pushed her out of the sink. After cursing a bit, I grabbed my toothbrush and paste again, figuring I should freshen up before work. This was a bad idea; my gag reflex was in full swing and it took just a moment for the rest of breakfast to come up. Just at that critical moment, Olive darted across the front of the sink again, and whisked her tail up to my mouth. Her misplaced appendage acted as a slide and she ended up covered with all I had left in me.

It has been suggested that Karma is a bitch. Perhaps Olive should remember this the next time she chases snakes, gets stuck on the roof, breaks yet another wedding present, or looses *her* lunch next to my side of the bed?

Maybe I'm just being cranky.

7 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, just what you need when you're feeling queasy- a cat's tail in your mouth! *shudder* I hate to say it, but for me it was more the heartburn than the morning sickness that did me in. You've a while to go before that hits though! :)

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think puking on your cat is only fitting. I mean, do you want to tally up how many times you've cleaned up her puke? I think you should do it a few more times until you're even.

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Well I guess that'll teach Olive not to stick her tail where it dosn't belong or get in your way while brushing your teeth. Lol!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

At least you didn't do it in her shoes! I think that was Schwartz's favorite place to yak, there or behind the steam heaters in the dining room. I had heartburn with The Baby, but later discovered that when I ate lettuce, onions, or garlic HE would get colic. Maybe there was some relation?
Just relax and remember that soon you will be "nesting"

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger swan/dragon said...

I just love a good vomit-on-the-cat story. And I am so glad it is here for posterity.
Whatcha knittin?

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Oh honey. That's terrible for you. Olive got what was coming to her.

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeewwww (she had it coming...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home