04 December 2006

Bunny update

I have been a bad bunny mommy. Not only did I let the little man eat the camera's power cord (oh, and the cable cord, too), but I haven't posted about him in weeks. Leigh's comment the other day asking if he was well has stuck with me for days, and I've known I need to show him here. While *I* may know he's fine, I'm depriving bunny lovers of some confirmation of that. (And looking like I'm spending all my time asleep on my couch. Which I am, but that's beside the point).

So, I present to you, one contented Juniper:


Doesn't he look happy? And OMG, aren't those feet adorable?!

In the interest of full disclosure, this pic was taken a few weeks ago, back before he was given the run of the house (I mentioned I'd be digging into the archives).

The brightly colored backdrop was once a tool for taming the wild Olive. When she was a kitten, one of her more favorite games (besides licking my nostrils at 4 in the morning) was whacking the blinds (at 4 in the morning). The apartment we were living in at the time had those huge honkin' metal blinds, which can be a bit jarring when repeatedly whacked into the metal window frame. It did not take long for this to get real old, prompting Mr. C to make some room dividers and pull the blinds all the way open until she was old enough to know better. We'll let you know when that is.

For the first few weeks of Juniper's out-of-cage experience, we unscrewed the dividers (which seem to always move with us) and laid them on their sides to protect heavily corded areas. Unfortunately, we left off this practice for a few weeks, since he wasn't being chewy (and the cats were knocking over the dividers), and we've paid for it. Now, instead of blocking off rooms or large parts of rooms, we're placing these dividers in front of the cords so he can't get them. The cats respect this, so we just need to worry about the clumsy humans in the house.

In other Juniper news, guess who's still molting?

Sexy bunny

Somebunny does NOT like to be brushed, so we've had to do short installments of grooming to de-dreadlock him (this is also an archived photo, and those dreads are quite gone, now). Some behavior modification has been started, and he'll now sit still for a whopping five minutes with the promise of a green leafy treat. Still, he's not keen on his lower sides or his bunny tush being brushed, and I haven't seen his tummy yet. I could use some lessons on being a better bunny mommy.

In other news, this is my last week of the semester, so I hope to be back to blogging with more regularity than I have had. I've complained a bit about these classes, but the real problem (of course) has been me and my attitude. One of the classes I signed up for was a bit of a stretch for me--the subject matter was one I had little familiarity with, and has the tendency to confuse me as much as any higher math does. I took it anyway, really wanting a challenge, and have barely kept my head above the material (and cursing myself for wanting a challenge). Because of this, I've not been giving my other class enough attention, and my grades aren't what I'd normally want them to be. I'm learning a lot about perspective, time management, and, well priorities. And it has been a hard lesson that neither knitting nor blogging are truly priorities if I want to finish this degree. Which I do. I just want to knit, too. And spin. In the words of a co-worker, "This, too, shall pass." I hope she's right.

7 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Juniper is adorable. Bob didn't much care for brushing either but he did eventually get used to it and hopefully Juniper will too.

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your bunny is doing well.

I took one math class higher than calculus in college: linear algebra. I should have known on the first day, when the professor explained that we'd be dealing with more than 3 dimensions, only there aren't more than 3 so don't try to imagine it, that I'd be in big trouble.

I was.

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear bunny behavioral modification is working. The cat that isn't interested in treats is dang hard to groom.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Beccabec said...

What a cute Juniper!

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute bunny! *achoo*

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

Oh, he's a handsome bunny! I love his gray color. And he does look well and happy. Of the four angoras I've had, none of them liked brushing, or combing, or being made to lie on their backs to get their tummys groomed. I always ended up clipping them. It was faster and so saved grief for both me and the bunny.

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Admittedly, I had a great big kick seeing the word "Somebunny" in this post. But then, if you saw my rascals, you would understand why!
=:8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home