25 April 2006

I feel a wee knitting funk coming on

Thank the Knitting Goddess it isn't a big one, or an ugly one. Its just that I don't know where to go next.

The last time a funk came upon me it was due to lack of projects (I know, how bizarre. Rest assured, that will never happen again). The only thing I had on the needles was an afghan for my dad, and I was deep in the throes of hatred for it. Why did I pick a yarn I hated? Your guess is as good as mine.

Off we went on out Great Yarn Expedition (thank you Knitty coffeeshop forum!!!) and bought out shopped every yarn store in Asheville and a dew on the way back to Florida. I didn't take a picture of the new additions to the stash. Let's just say we have a new piece of storage furniture in the house, and leave it at that, shall we?

I have no excuse for what happened to me on Saturday, though. I'd like to take a moment to blame my new friend, though, who made me buy all this:


You know who you are.

As can be seen, is directly related to the amazing number of projects wanting to be next (just look at that Artful Yarns! The blue and brown down in front). And this is just from Saturday. The ottoman is full of even prettier things, plus all the goodies languishing in the lower strata of stash. And that's not even the roving that I'm not good enough to spin yet. Oh, and the Alpaca from here. The most beautiful wool ever, and the best hostess we could have wished for.

I am so lucky.

4 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, I don't remember twisting your arm-too hard anyway :) Wow, your haul looks way cool all laid out there like that. I had to totally reorganize my loft to make room for my new purchases. I did leave the hemp out front and center, so when you find the perfect hat pattern, I'll be ready.
Unless, I find it first....
It was great to meet you Saturday!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

I am completly kicking myself for not getting your email address. I was hoping to lure you out of hiding by blaming it all on you.

Bwa ha ha! My plan worked!

And by the way, I am so curious how much you spent...

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a nice haul! The Artful yarn colors are beautiful. Love the spindle with the sheep on it.

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just sent you an email to the email address on the card you gave me Sat. Hope that's okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home