20 July 2006

Would you like to hear some good news?

I don't have to lose the whole nip.

Can you believe it??

As I said yesterday (muddled in everything else I said) I had been too nervous? frightened? chicken? to write down any questions until sat down with a glass of wine. Terry (soon to be a fellow blogger) offered for the umteenth time to go with me to today's appointment, and I immediately said yes. She showed up this morning with a typed list of my questions. How cool is that?

In the appointment, the doctor seriously sidelined me with a new option: Not take the whole thing just yet. Just take as much tissue (about half the nip) as she thinks will get all of the _______ (insert medical term I can't spell), test every last cell of it to make sure that everything left is clean, and only lop off the whole thing in case of dire need.

I like the idea.

(It does mean that the going away party for the nipple is canceled.)

The best question asked today was Terry's response to the partial (instead of full) removal: "So, does that mean if she walks into a cold room...?"

I did get a very generous offer that I (hope) I won't be able to accept: Thank you dear Knitter Bunny, but I won't be needing the knit nip, after all. And Mr. CygKnit was so looking forward to it, too.

Oh, and I shall draw for the contest on Sunday, so there's still a little time. I have received some great comments, both on the blog and via email. More to come on that, later. And maybe some pictures, finally.

9 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, half a nip is better than none! I'm glad you have an advocate with you. Sometimes that second person who is not quite so emotionally involves is exactly what you need.

From a medical perspective, your doctor's plan is prudent. As long as they biopsy all the edges of the removed item, and the edges are all clean, you're cool.

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's good news! I'm glad you had someone to go with you. It helps to have someone there for moral support.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

I'm ecstatic that you don't need the knit nip, but I may still make it anyway.

If a strange package from Indiana arrives on your door, you know who sent it. :)

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Netter said...

Great news that you don't have to lose the whole thing, but you can still have a party! Ditto what everyone else is saying. When it's you the doctor's talking about, you don't always hear everything.

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news! Glad you had someone to go with you - it helps to have someone who is objective there to ask questions n stuff :o)

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! Does it very cold where you are??? **wink**

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger PBnJ said...

Whew! glad you had some good news! *Best wishes and Healthful thoughts for you!*

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Glad to hear some good news. Also, glad you had someone with you. We so often forget the big questions or, forget the answers when we hear good news.

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I haven't read your blog in a few days, what a rollercoaster read. I so sorry for all the scary stuff your having to deal with. I think it is good your blogging about it, there are so many wonderful people out there in the fiber world who truly care... I believe all the support you can get will help you get through this. My thoughts are with you, take care.
Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home