06 July 2006

Right

So yesterday I got a bit sidetracked. Lost it all over the slippery sweet goodnesss of angora fiber. I'm so easy. I decided to split the posts up, angora yesterday, and spinning today, and at least get something out.

This is what I did Sunday and Monday:




That's of about 80 yards of some wool (two-ply) I picked up at Cummington (lost the label somewhere!). It had been languishing on the spindle for a while, unmotivated to become any particular thing. I came home Saturday night from my Mystical Spinning Experience and filled the spindle. Then, I filled it again. Fire, I tell you, fire. I think I've been hit by the spinning sickness bad. I can't seem to stop. (Not that this is a bad thing, mind you.)


This is it, skeined up. I think it wants to be a shawl, at least when the rest is spun up, too. When I'm able to talk about the horror of a project that my mother volunteered me for, and the dumb, dumb parts I added to it, I will post of it. This wool is begging to be part of it, simply because it has brought me so much peace and happiness. There's another full single on the spindle now. I heart wool.

Speaking of wool! This, below, is what I also picked up this weekend. I assure you that it is purple and all kinds of Project Spectrum-y. What is so freakin' cool about it is all the pretty colors (blues, purples and black) that were carded into it. As I spin, it makes pretty little swirly stripes. I worry about plying it, though, because I don't want that stripe definiton to get lost. I'm sure there's something clever to do to prevent that, but I haven't put down the spindle enough to look it up.

I'm using the Louet spindle (bigger one) with it, mostly because I wanted the Bosworth for the Cummington wool. The thing is, the Louet one is so freakin' heavy compared to the Bosworth! It kinda hurts my hands some to carry the weight. (Don't tell it though, I don't want it to feel bad.) Of course, I'm spinning a bit too thin on the Bosworth and a bit too thick on the Louet. I am (at least) getting a bit more consistency on both. Which is good, because I was going to give up, delete the blog and never spin again.

Tomorrow, more fiber.

3 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh yes it sure looks like you've been bit by the spinning bug! Your spinning looks beautiful. I wasn't able to bring a wheel me on vacation due lack of room in the van and I'm really missing it! So thanks for the wool fix.

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for consistent spinning!

You know...a wheel really helps with the consistency factor...just sayin'

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

I had such issues with my spindle. It hates me as much as I love it.

The wheel and I, we have an affair going on (don't tell Will).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home