20 June 2006

Book Review

Aside from a few book reports in middle grades, I have not ever done a book review. I read plenty of them, they're essential to that purchasing part of my job (have I mentioned that I get to buy lots of books with other people's money? Best part of being a Librarian.) But book reviews haven't blipped my radar.

Since I started knitting, I've mostly given up reading. Well, yes, there is an obsession happening, but a few years ago I stopped being able to read for pleasure. For a person who, as a child, did everything with a book in hand (especially folding clothes), this has been hard. Awful. My eyes do this funny thing when I read for pleasure (read=for hours on end), and I end up having, after just a few books, to go to the eye doctor and get new glasses. Knitting, however, doesn't stress my eyes, and I can (with good lighting) knit 'till I pass out.

Where's that book review I promised?



I stayed up until I finished it last night (late!), even though I had to be up earlier than ususal. I dreamed of sheep. Sheep testicles, that is. Read this, if you get a minute, and all will be explained.

You know what? I don't know how to do a book review. This is what I can tell you though:

  1. Sheep are way more fun than I thought they would be, and lambs are small and bouncy.
  2. I'm pretty sure I would freak about easy lambing, and a prolapsed sheep uterus would render me a vegetable.
  3. It is entirely possible that sheep may be too smart for me.
  4. I still want this farm thing, bad.
  5. Not sure I could handle a sheep-for-meat farm. I'm a chicken.
  6. Speaking of chickens, I didn't know they had bellybuttons, or that chicken nookie would be so darn funny.



I could keep going, but I'll spare you. Llamas, ducks, coyotes and women's underwear. The author has a blog (yay!).

Excuse me, I'll be off in the corner dreaming of having a farm.

4 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

In reply:
1. Yes lambs are small and bouncy, the bucks bounce especially hard when you use an elastrator (email for detail)
2a. Easy lambing rocks, Hard lambing means putting your hand up the ewe and "assisting," the one with the smallest hand always gets to "assist"(that was me)
2b. Proplapsed uterus, not so bad after you've seen about a hundred of them and fixed most of them.
3. Sheep are so NOT intelligent
4. Farms Rock!
5. Sheep are easy to eat after they have knocked you on your butt every day for several weeks (or years in my case)

Loved the post today! :)

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is this freakish knitterbunny woman and what do I have to do to hang out with her?

And as I recall, Mr. Cygknit has small hands for a man, doesn't he? And I think you can beat him up, right? So no need to freak.

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really interesting book. I'll have to check it out. I've dreaming of owning a farm with some sheep and alpaca for a while now. Ah well maybe someday when I win the lottery. I suppose I would have to play in order to win though.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

CygKnit, my room mate is going to buy the book that you reviewed just based on your review. :)

Eskimo, pop over to my blog and email me.

I'm posting more bunny/kitty/knitting/I don't know, but a lot of them pictures tonight. Just because you asked for them CygKnit. :) :) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home