08 June 2006

The fiber-related pics from this weekend have been languishing on Blogger for days, waiting for me to get around to describing them. Since my dear friend eskimo pointed out that today IS the Third Anniversary of the Union of Cygnet and Mr. Cygknit, I figured now was the time to post about our weekend away. Um, last weekend. I know, I'm a little lame.

So, we stayed at the Hotel Pemaquid Mid-Coast. Because it was still off season (they had only been open for the summer just 8 days) we got a killer deal and could, you know, afford to eat. Flip a Maine Quarter, and you will see what was just at the end of the road. I couldn't decide on which picture to add, so if work is boring, click here for a bunch that some guy took. (We haven't flickr-ed ours yet).

In the museum there, I found this:



They were labeled "Fishermen's Gloves" and were the hardest, scratchiest, toughest gloves I've ever felt. Not something I'd be keen to wear. I thought the open thumb was kinda snazzy. I id resist stealing some of that fiber in the background, though it was hard. For posterity's sake, I mean.

Although it rained constantly the whole weekend, we did get out some (it was our anniversary, you know, so we didn't get out *too* much). We did hit Winters Gone Alpaca farm, which is open for drop-in until 6pm every summer day. For some strange reason, Halcyon Yarn, with a catalog to rival KnitPicks, is only open 'till 4 pm on a Saturday. That cute little alpaca farm? You betcha.

Eskimo and I visited an alpaca farm in NC back in March, but didn't get to have hardly any contact with the animals. The owner was really helpful and all, and sold me a HUGE bag of the most beautiful roving to behold for a ridiculous price, but No. Animal. Contact.

See these babies?



I got to help put their coats on. (I really wish you could see the smile on my face right now. It was so freakin cool.) The little guy is just a week old, and the slightly bigger one is two weeks. The owner just picked 'em up like naughty children and slung 'em under her arm. Can you believe they're the size of greyhouds? I didn't care that I had alpaca funk all over me (the boy had been standing in the rain instead of coming in. Duh.) I got to play with babies.

(I can't resist. Here's another pic. Its the girl and her mama.)



Of course, (and how could I think otherwise?) there was a trail of destruction awaitng us on our return:


Recenty acquired roving from Ruit Farm plus some orange stuff...Oh. Crap. My Dye-O-Rama yarn to send out.



Ohhh! More roving to eat, plus other assorted stuff. Note that the trail of roving starts here and winds around the table




She was quite proud of herself, of course. And, I'm sad to say that there was more. Gotta love the Olive.



Finally, while fighting with Blogger for the better part of this afternoon, I gave up and went to check on my friend Lisa. The darling girl dedicated a post to me and Mr. Cygknit. If you can stand it, go check her out and give her some love. I promise its not too ooshy. Thanks, Love.

4 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary :o)

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a you had a wonderful weekend. Happy Anniversary to you both.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Best Wishes!

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the fleece and animal pictures! I want to try spinning.

Happy Anniversary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home