23 August 2006

# 3 & # 4

#3 Bumblebee socks

Remember this? From how many months ago?? (May 14. Eek.)

Second sock syndrome is not much of a problem for me, as I'm usually working some sort of self-imposed gift-giving deadline. But this pair for Mr. Cygknit, to match his black and yellow Guinness pajamas (imagine these as pants. With a matching shirt. The man has style.) has been giving me some problems. Since summer is winding down here it is nearly time to drag the flannel out and prepare for winter. And not-so-subtle hints about finishing projects have started to be whispered. So, this has been dragged from the depths of the naughty basket:

Sock 2. The yellow zone was my wait at the Dr.'s office yesterday, the black section above it was done at a Terry knitting lesson/wine tasting. Now, I just have more yellow, more black, and some more soul-crushing yellow before I can declare an FO.

#4 The Olympic Sweater

Don't worry, I am ashamed that, six months after the Olympics is over, I am still not done with this poor crumpled thing:


The Hourglass sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Sadly, it only needs a few rows of last raglan shaping and some hemming. You'll notice that the left sleeve has already been hemmed? I didn't realize that I could do it as I go until I was on the last one. *sigh* On the positive side, Sensations Dolcetto has been one of the best yarns I've worked with--regardless of the fact that it is a Jo-Anne Fabric brand and yarn snobs everywhere would snub me. Next time you slink in there, (checking both ways to make sure no one is looking) pet some of this stuff. Seriously good.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of dragging my UFOs out to the light of day (and the spiders are all getting annoyed, as well). I foolishly thought that 4 was it in unfinished land, until being gently reminded of a few hidden obligations last night (What, you want two mittens, Mr. Cygknit?). Instead, I'd rather be spinning angora:


...which is much like poking your eyeballs with tiny dpns, over and over.

8 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the bright side the socks are almost finished. I so do love those bumblebee socks!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

I'll have you know, I walk proudly into JoAnn's (but only for the fabric, Yarn I buy on line or at the outlet store). At least you don't have yarn laying around from 20 years ago that needs to be made into something!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

poking your eyeballs????

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Moderatrix8 said...

mmm... bunny yarn...

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger swan/dragon said...

But the afghan... The afghan has about a half inch to go, peoples. You would all be so proud of CygKnit if you had heard last night that the Wretched Afghan of Hatred and Doom is almost done. Who was the moron who talked her into a decorative edging to make it look more like a "finished" piece? Yeah, that was me. I think I may have relegated the poor pile of crap back to the bottom of the UFO heap with that suggestion.
Congrats on the socks; can't wait to see the "Covert Operation Hat".
And enjoy the little bunny fur. You deserve a treat... despite the fact that it compares to blinding yourself with pointy sticks.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Little Terry said...

Ok. It's official. You're going to finish one of these damn things in tonight's knitting lesson. Oops, sorry. I just channelled the Hot Librarian. Hey, have you noticed that HL has sort of a dominatrix vibe at times? Wonder what's up with that?

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay so I won't feel so envious of those who are not allergic to bunnies... ;o)

 
At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have thought spinning angora might be cool. Once. And then I thought about how horrible it really must be. Are you blending it with wool or anything?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home