15 August 2006

Interlude

I interrupt the scheduled outline for an exercise on why self-teaching is kinda hit or miss:

I posed a question (yes, buried deep inside Sunday's post) about what to do with the leftovers on one of the bobbins. Since, you know, looking it up on the internet would be way too easy, I listened instead to the voice of Mr. CygKnit (note: this has gotten me in trouble in the past). "Why don't we just wind it out?"

This is what it looked like:


Ummmmm, yeah.

(The wood handle is on our interior/mudroom door; the floor does need to be swept, and sorry about the angle.)

How did I proceed next? (You would ask this if you weren't laughing, I am sure)



You betcha, a "homemade" nostepine and the exterior door. (You've now seen the entire length of the house, by the way.)

How did it work out? Ummmm, let me tell you something about using nostepines: Leave a tail for the center pull ball.

4 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very inventive! I usually navajo ply what's left on one of the bobbins then I have a nice little mini skein to keep kind of as a record of the yarnd I've spun.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger swan/dragon said...

Wow, I have no idea what most of those things mean, but it looked like a total pain in the ass. You have fun with that.

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do what Kelly does...

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Little Terry said...

hey, did you ever do that cool game where you take yarn and do what you did in the photo, only with more attachments to random places until you end up with a spider's web (sort of)? My mom let me do that a couple of times. And then there was the party where everyone got one end of a string and when you finally found where the rest of it was, there was a present! whee!
oh. um. yeah. Nice yarn. You probably wouldn't want to do that.

BTW, I have not gotten any knitting done lately. Perhaps I need inspiration? Or baseball... Glad you're feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home