23 July 2006

Hurray!

Congratulations to Netter, the winner (by random number generator) of my first-ever contest. This is what she gets:



Some Austermann Step and a pack vintage dpns I picked up recently. Although they're not compatible with each other, I thought the needles were fun. I picked the sock yarn up at the Yarn Harlot book signing at WEBS, while completely overwhelmed with wool fumes and a stupid comment I made that day. I met this woman there, Dawn, (shown with the felt stars), who completely enabled me to buy Way Too Much Yarn. I like Dawn. The point, though, is that these future socks will have the benefit of having been one step (no pun intended) away from super-coolness. I am really curious to find out if the Aloe and Jojoba oil really do make the yarn fun to work with.

In other news, I really *have* been knitting. No, really! Some days, with all the craziness of my summer class, I only get to knit on my lunch break (when I refuse to do homework). I present: Lunch Break Slippers



Yarn: Bernat Cottontots (for softness)
Needles: size 6 (!) DPNs
Started: Sock 1: 6/18-6/24 (2 actual knitting days) -- Sock 2: 6/25-7/23
Finished: 23 July 2006
Pattern: Trial and Error

I found out recently that my very dear and looooong time friend (and newly blogging!) gets so cold at night that she sleeps with two pairs of socks? Now, what would You do if the girl who has 1) known your deepest darkest secrets for the past 14 years, and 2) still talks to you, has cold feet? Knit her some foot cozies? You're darn tootin'! Since she's allergic to wool and most synthetics, I had to run with cotton. The large gauge was a huge help, but since I hadn't ever made anklets and had no pattern, there was a bit of a learning curve.

Ugh, I'm off to lock myself in the local university library for the rest of the day.

5 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute sockage! Congrats to the winner :o)

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those anklets are great! I really like those colors.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, I love the little sockies.
I also suffer from cold feet at night. I call them my sleeping socks and not all socks qualify... They must be very loose, non-constricting, but not so loose they fall off in the night.

I stopped by Moderatrix Musings blog, she sounds very interesting. Of course the first post I read was about the Wicca books, which has always sparked my interest. I bookmarked her, thanks for the link.

I like you too :)

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Netter said...

WOW! Thanks. Just my color, too. Love your little socks. I love knitting the shorties!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

I,too, suffer from cold feet during the winter, just ask The Husband (who is waiting to use the computer right now!) I have a tube of dry rice that I micowave to heat the bed. Just like a hot-water bottle but no leaks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home