19 August 2006

I was going to wait until I got home from work today (my turn on the weekend rotation) to blog, but just couldn't hold it in any longer. Remember that class this summer? The one that made me, at best, cranky, and at worst, sobbing under the bed in frustration? Just got my grade: A-. I will take that minus and be darned happy that I never ever have to take another class with this woman again.

Whew. And now, on to the good stuff:

Cards!

My new boss' wife is huge into all that paper scrappy kinda stuff. She holds a "stamp camp" every three months or so, and I (finally) decided to go this time. Normally, this sort of thing completely weirds me out, but look! I made these! And they don't look like crap!


Cards! (Like before, but different):


I think I see a new facet of this fiber obssession on the horizion. It all started with a posting on one of the Yahoo spinning groups I belong to (can't remember which one or I'd link it) had a woman who posted alpaca fleeces for sale. Although I was sorely tempted (Dragon had to give me a serious talking-to) to pick one up for the, ummmm, educational purposes, I had to settle for buying dog carders. At least until Rhinebeck.

7 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrat on the A- and on finishing the class! I started with the dog carders too and I would be careful buying fleece if you haven't seen it in person. Espeically Alpaca which I've had some bad experiences with. Just sayin. Love the cards!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Julie said...

There's always that one class that's just a killer. For me it was biochemical adaptations to the environment (probably because I'd never had *any* biochem, oi). So glad you came out of it with an A-. The cards are lovely. I have a tiny bit of stampin stuff and quite a bit of scrapbook stuff but I haven't yet done many cards. Rhinebeck- been trying to drum up enough folks from my area to do a day trip. Perhaps we'll cross paths there :)

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger swan/dragon said...

You're damn right I gave you a serious talking to, and I will do it again. And don't go thinking you can buy anything without me finding out, either, because I have awesome telepathic powers. They came with the secret identity.
Cute cards. And "carders". And congrats on resurfacing from the horrible wretched class.

 
At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three cheers for your great grade :o)

And they are super cards too :o)

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Why is it some teachers just like to make the class suffer, because "if they don't suffer, they don't learn what the(medical, library, put your area of brilliance here) world is really like"? Arghh! Congrats on surviving (with honors). Love the cards. Is that a dragonfly I see? Did you know it's also called the darning needle? Good symbol for needle nuts.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Little Terry said...

Yo, you are going to write and ever-so-polite letter of complaint to the dean about that prof and her teaching inadequacies, right? Mention your grade. I think it's important they know you didn't fail the class.

I can't (for some unknown and annoying reason) figure out how to enlarge the photo of the cards and now I'm all intrigued. Could you bring a few for show and tell next knitting lesson?

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

OOh! Terry has a good (!) point. I had a teacher who used to point out that I "wasn't much of a Jew" in front of the class (Medical Assistants WTF?) She made my life miserable for a whole year. I graduated with a 3.9 and wrote to the school outlining her inadequacies. She no longer teaches there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home