22 October 2007

Rhinebeck

There will be a Rhinebeck post, I promise. I am so tired I can't even think of a metaphor to describe the tiredness. I don't have the wide-eyed overwhelm that I did last year (Bloggers! Everywhere! Gah!!), rather I'm all soft and squishy inside from seeing my people and being around my kind again.

The baby boy did amazingly, as well. We have taken to calling him The Boy Who Would Not Nap in recent weeks, and he surprised us by taking three naps on Saturday, all in the sling. Had I the energy, I would have cried. I think from the relief of it, from the freedom to sit on a bench and breastfeed my baby with other mamas (sans hot blanket), and from the knowing that I am--despite my new world as Mama--still my fiber-loving self.

I might cry from it now.

I think I'll steal a picture from Jess, to prove to myself that I was there as much as to show you.


More soon, I promise.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was awesome meeting you, your husband, and your amazingly well behaved son. I hope I didn't freak you out as I kept on petting him, but I love *other* people's babies, being a non-breeder it fills my "awwww" quota and then I go my merry way. LOL

I'm so glad you had a good time! Show us what you got! Share the loot!

BTW, your husband was adorable in that shirt. :)

- Tina

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did I miss seeing you, your hubby and Em?!?

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so glad to get to see you on Saturday and I was so happy to finally meet Em. He is just so cute!

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee! I love that shirt...! :)

So so so great to see you again, and hug you properly, and meet your men. So great. Pet Em's head for me, k?

I'm pretty much the same way in the Rhinebeck aftermath. Exhausted but giddy. It was wonderful. :)

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thief!! ;o)

I wish I could have seen more of you guys...

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Giggle.... Love the shirt. It sounds like you had a great time. I am sure that you are exhausted. Wow 3 naps! I bet it was the wool fumes. ;)

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah! I want to meet everyone.

I have got to go to Rhinebeck. Maybe next year. (sigh)

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Steph said...

We also got some exceptional naps out of the baby. I wonder....

It was great to meet you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home