06 October 2007

Well, somehow I went a whole month without posting, though I'm not sure what happened.

I'd like to catch up, if I can...I tried to get this post out yesterday, two days ago so I could be all kinds of random AND be on a Wednesday, but I didn't quite make it. Can we pretend?

1. We went to Florida! We went down for a week, flying right after Labor Day. Mr. C's grandmother turned 90 (whoo!), so the whole family got together to surprise her. Shortly before we arrived, though, it was decided that surprising a 90 year old woman wasn't the smartest plan. Interesting picture from the weekend: Em and Great-Grandma rolling around on the floor. Wish I could do that as well as she can!



2. While in FL we stopped by Orlando to see my mom (and hopefully Lisa). Lisa and her man were sick so we opted out of visiting. The only consolation is that she's going to be here in a few weeks for Rhinebeck! Wheee!

3. Oh, yeah, the shawl...well, I DID rip it back, as some suggested. Instead of making me sick, like the consideration of it did, the ripping out was oddly freeing. And...I haven't done anything on it since. I would blame it on the Rhinebeck jinx, except I have been doing some gift/deadline knitting for wee babes (not my own, though).

4. Speaking of, I have a FO!! Except I forgot to photograph it...Terry took a picture, but I didn't. Until I can convince her to send me one, it looks like this, only pale green. Anticlimactic, I know.

5. Where I distract you with a babe in handknits:

You will piiiiiiiiiick me uppppppppppppp.

Lisa made and gifted this to me waaaay back in, um, March. And I didn't blog it. (And she's made him a second sweater and I haven't blogged that, either. Yes, I do suck.) It is, I beleive it is the Baby Albert jacket from Sally Melville's book. I don't know what yarn she used, but it's super soft and goes with everything. I crammed it in the diaper bag this weekend when we went out of town and pulled it out several times. Love a sweater that goes with anything.

6. Oooh! I've been spinning! Then I realized I had no idea where my wheel oil is off to, so I was forced to go online and buy some more. Really, my hand was forced to buy not just oil, but scented oil. And a new drive band.

7. I made a really ill-conceived decision a few months ago to register for classes to continue my Masters. I will not whine about this one, only say that this wasn't the best choice I could have made for my sanity.

8. I will be at the Hancock Shaker Village on Friday from about noon-ish until about three-ish. Yikes! That was yesterday. So I WAS at the Hancock Shaker Village Friday, as part of their Spinning week demonstration. I was there last year with my wheel, but only managed a spindle since I was bringing the boy along, as well. This year, I brought the camera but took a grand total of zero pictures*. I am sure Jess will post some, I saw some terrific ones on her digital camera before we left. More on what I was spinning soon :)

There is more, but the boy is asleep in his swing and I have to do some homework. I really do have lots to post and hope to do so more than just once a month. Seriously.

[ETA: I just saw that while I brought the camera yesterday, I totally forgot the memory card. I'd have zero pics, anyway. Sigh.]

9 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You posted! So much happened while you were gone.

You should post more often so that I have less to process at one time. ;)

PS, the bunny mafia, not so pleased with the once-a-month posting. hee

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I went for my master's when Dan was a baby and I survived- you can *definitely* do it. You just need to be VERY organized. I generally turned stuff in early because we never knew when we'd be hit with chicken pox (he had them 3 times!) or some other random malady- the other students hated me but hey, worked out for me.

Ooo and Rhinebeck- I'll be there. I'll keep an eye out for you but if you see me first please say hello. I so enjoyed meeting you in CT.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger swan/dragon said...

I find it terribly amusing that Julie suggests that you be organized while working on finishing your masters when you just posted that it has taken you a month to post on the blog due to...ahem...disorganization. Of course, this is a blog, and not your education, so most likely you will have slightly less skewed priorities about the situation.
As for the shawl, again, priorities. You know you are knitting on a deadline for some babies, so why have a mess of shawl hanging over your head? I think you did the right thing. Whenever I have a problem child in my knitting, it distracts me from all my other knitting until I fix it. Ditto stuff that only needs finishing work done.
And the yarn from the Baby Albert is Kramer Tatamy Tweed. I plan to bring you the leftovers and some matching buttons so you can make your wee man a hat or some booties or a tiny scarf or whatever you want to make him.
Can't wait to see you

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Ohh!! The Baaaaabbbbyyyyyy. Can't wait to meet you both. Should I bring some challah (I just *cough* happen to have an extra loaf in the freezer.......)?

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Ummmm it is called motherhood. ;) No time for other things like blogging.

Glad that things are going well. I can't believe how big he is.

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for a post...

Sounds like everything is zipping along, although--master's classes? Yikes, you are ambitious!

Love that baby sweater. It's not easy to find sweaters that aren't too feminine, and the color is surprisingly fantastic for a baby. Bye bye baby blue. :-)

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful you were able to go to Florida with the wee one for a vist. Great baby pics, he looks adorable in his sweater!

Hopefully I'll be seeing at you at Rhinebeck!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Netter said...

Baby so cute.

 
At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's even cute in person! ;o) I'm with Kelli - more posts with less, I can't process this much information at once *grin*

Oh, and I just (finally) posted about the spinning thing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home