11 May 2006

Dye Me a Meme

This is dedicated to you, "Knitter in California"

(all others will most likely die of boredom)

Your favorite colors?

To wear? Icky neutrals. To gaze lovingly upon? Greens, blues, purples. I fell in love with a beautiful Malabrigio in these colors. Socks would be yummy in them (hint, hint).


Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?

If my pal is able, I'd love a multicolored yarn. If it turns out horribly, though, a solid color would be just fine, thank you.

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated,
self-striping, or self-patterning yarn?

Hmmm. Same as above. I think it be a bit much to ask for a self-patterning yarn from a beginner, wouldn't it? Too rude. Anything is fine, really.

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it?

Oooooooooo. Tropical Ocean Floor? (Green planty things, blues of ocean? Oh, wait, a purple fish in there, too?)

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along?

I'd been bugging my honey about this for weeks, but he wasn't interested in helping. By joining the dye-along--well, I'd have no excuse not to dye. And he'd have to help.

General yarn/fiber questions:

Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? Nope

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too?

I realllllly want to make some fingerless gloves, since its still too cold to knit outside some days.

What yarn do you totally covet?

Malabrigo always wants to jump into my hands. I resisted the call of Mountain Colors once, and seriously regret it. Oh, and I can't forget my current Art Yarns obsession.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?

If time were no object?! Any!

Oh, you meant for real. I really want to do a fancy shawl, but it keeps getting bumped down the list.


Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?

Straights in metal, please!


Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?

I love jelly beans and sour candy. I don't need them, though.

What’s your favorite animal?

By default, I collect ladybugs. Fav. animal would be the Olive cat. Who couldn't love her?

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages?

The infamous Olive, age 3, and the less famous (and moresedentaryy) Misfit, age 7

If you were a color what color would you be?

A deep and mysterious blue...

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?

Normally, I'd have no clue how to answer this. Right now, though, I amcompletelyy blown away by spring flowers in New England. I just figured out what violets are! How could I have such a deprived childhood??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home