16 February 2007

Mini update

I should have posted this earlier, but the complete and utter joy I took in my snow (ice) day on Wednesday got in the way of blogging.

Since there were requests, I thought I'd post a progress photo on the quilt:



Looks a bit different than the link I provided, doesn't it? I'd been asked about the style/design of that linked quilt with a little trepidation (Mr. C asked with some horror in his voice), and the hopes it wouldn't be so...busy? I think what we've done looks amazing, and even more so in person.

Last night we tied the centers of all the squares to the fantabulous backing, using yellow, orange and green. I've taken possession of it for the weekend, and will tie the corners of the squares, too (I think). What we'd really like to do is quilt the yellow border area. In the interest of time, we can't quilt the squares--there's just too much area--but maybe we can swing just the yellow? I'll keep you posted.

In knitting news, I've completed one and a half cardi's (up from one and a quarter). If this was a full size sweater, that might be some achievement, but for me this just means I've finished another sleeve. Four down! Whoo hoo! I should be able to sew up Buster's bolero this weekend and add the border in the near future. Then, it's back to Terry's bolero for the body, and a start on the last one to do. With a little more focus, who knows how many I could do? Maybe I'll even go a bit crazy and take a picture :)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Love the quilt. I have always liked yellow in quilts and the baby will love it. Did you use flannel on the back?
Glad to hear you are making headway on the knitting.

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a GORGEOUS quilt - well done!

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on the quilt!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

That quilt is so pretty. The recipiant is going to love it.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Katy said...

I adore that quilt. The colors, the layout--just perfect!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Leigh said...

It's lovely. Well done!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Baywood Yarns said...

The quilt looks great! I can't wait to see photos of the sweaters, and maybe a gratuitous tummy shot?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home