31 October 2007

Pictures

Em and I just got back from a week in Texas. My intent had been to post on one of my down days there, but there was a problem. My "remember me" cookie for my password expired...and I couldn't remember what the password was! I spent several days trying every possible combination with no luck. Then, we get home well after 1 am yesterday and I tried again, half asleep. It worked. D'oh!

Since I didn't get to post my Rhinebeck wrap-up in a timely fashion, I think I'll just post some pictures:
Both males looking equally thrilled:

Spunky Eclectic BFL I won at the Ravelry party, in the Ravelry colorway:

And what it looks like partially spun. When Lisa was here she had me try something I never was brave enough to do before: random spinning. She pulled off bits where she felt like it, adding more pink here and more green or white there. I just did what she told me, and spun as fast as I could. Despite my inability to photograph the colors right, I think it has turned out pretty great:

We couldn't resist the crocheted frog hat. I don't think I have a single non-blurry shot of him in it, despite much effort:


Bamboo to spin:

Roving purchased by Mr. C, who is actually going to spin! It is hard to see in the picture, but it is grey with teal and purple. That's about all I know of it, as I didn't purchase it and I'm nursing at the moment :)

Circular sock machine socks from Jess! I totally snagged these in a way that would embarrass my mother (I was raised better than that), as I basically helped myself to them. The karmic payment for that? Now that I've (very gently) washed them, they don't fit. I've tried, and I just can't get away with it, even though they look great here:

Finally, a not-Rhinebeck picture. Em says, "This is what happens when Daddy dresses me!"


At least Daddy picked a handknit and wool pants.

Some last random things regarding Rhinebeck"

- Am I the only one who didn't see a lot of the people she set out to see? I was looking for a variety of people that I never once ran into. There were others I only got to see for a second, then never saw again. Frustrating.

- I got to meet NeedleTart!! She gave us a super yummy challah loaf that I hoarded all for myself, and a shiny bank filled with 2007 pennies to Em:

- I barely had a chance to catch up with Sarah. We did get in a good bit of time to chat, though it wasn't nearly enough. She gifted me with some hearty hugs and these cuties :


That's it, that's all I have right now. It's taken me two days to type all these, while rearranging my house, celebrating Halloween, and re-entering my life. I have so much more to write about, though! In the near future I hope to post about some other spinning I've been doing, and the amazing Wings of the Swan Shawl that Kelli has sent me. By the time you read this, it will be her birthday. Pop on over and show her some love, will ya?

10 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Welcome home.

Em is just adorable! Love the frog hat. Yeah it seems that when men dress them they grab something and go with that. I swear that I could dress James better in the dark than Kevin can even with me having the outfits together in his dresser.

The fibers are so pretty. Looks like you picked up some yummy stuff.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Juno said...

I was glad to see you - if only for a second. Talking with you at Morehouse last year is one of my favorite memories.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Katy said...

Hey, we have one of those frog hats too! I bought it a few years ago & neither child would wear it, so it's a decoration in my living room. ;)
Was good to see you, albeit briefly. I think we'll have to have another spin-in after the holidays.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Cate said...

that hat is just ADORABLE! Colin has the same Spidey shirt and Todd puts it on him ALL the time! ususally with a spidey diaper.

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see nothing wrong with that outfit (of course, I knit the sweater so I'm a bit biased). ;o)

What do you mean the socks don't fit? What did you do to them? *grin*

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You posted! And look at all of the Rhinebecky goodness. :)

Oh, and Beau suckered the ladies in the vet's office out of a treat AND a rawhide at his check-up today. lol

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was glad to have seen you a little Em. It dosn't matter what he's wearing he's still so cute and yay for dad for picking out the wool sweater!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Little Terry said...

I *LOVE* the photo of Em in the frog hat.

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Cynthia, looks like the baby and knitting are keeping you busy! Come busy to visit so we can see you in person!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Cate said...

I'm pimpin' you on my blog today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home