08 December 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

I am about three days out from being done with this semester. I cannot express the joy I feel right now, coming off of a day with visits to two libraries in different parts of the state, in the snow, with a very grabby nearly-six month old. I have to finish this paper, make a few comments and I am done. Donedonedone. At least until January when I get to start this all over again.

Since I have about 3 posts in the queue waiting for me to simply caption some pictures, I am going to vote for brevity over content this time.

I have on my mind the yearly December Showdown between Christian and Jewish cultures, or American and American Jew practices (I think that is closer to the truth). Last year I posted a bit about my tree-or-no-tree struggle as I tried to figure out what we would do once the child I was carrying was born.

It appears that I am not the only one with this dilemma. Terry sent me this New York times article from the other day on compromise. I'll let it speak for me this time.

As for our little household, I can answer that this year we didn't even bother to argue over a tree or not, but both tiredly agreed to a small table-top model. We have the perfect spot for it in the living room, pretty, but not in the way or near the grabby clutches of the boy (did I mention he's in a grabby stage?). I'm sure it would be lovely, if I could only clear all that yarn off it.

Happy Hanukkah.

5 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger swan/dragon said...

If the yarn is some lovely handspun, I'm sure I could clue you in on a home for it where it would be most happy and treated well. Does that count as me going off the yarn diet?
Of course, if the yarn is pretty enough, you could just stick it into the tree... and celebrate Knitmas. Or is that Spinnukah?

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Happy Hanukkah.

I can't believe that the little guy is 6 months old. Boy does time fly. I don'd see anything wrong with introducing both Christmas and Hanukkah. I know people who celebrate both. I am sure that you will do what it right for your family.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Hanukkah to the CygKnit household!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

Wow time flys! I can't believe he is six months old already. I remember the grabby stage. All I can say is don't wear dangly earrings.

Happy Hanukkah and yay to a little break from schoo!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Happy Hanukkah! Today we made dreidles in Sunday School.....I came home and knit for the rest of the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home