20 March 2007

Thank you all for your happy thoughts that I'm back. I knew it had been a while, but I had no idea (until I started getting subtle emails with a day count) how long it had been.

When it comes to blogging and knitting, I've fallen down a bit over the last seven months. This morning, though, I felt a twitch. Not a baby twitching in my belly, not a twitch from wondering just how sick my husband really is (how come so many men seem to be just dying when they simply have a cold?), but a twitch that I felt all the way down to the tips of my fingers.

I think my knitting mojo is coming back. Shhhh, don't say anything, yet.

Before I get to that, though, I want to show off an awesome gift that showed up in my mailbox. I was on my way home on Monday, after a snoozy day at work from a late plane arrival the night before (did I forget to mention I was in Florida for a week?) when occurs to me that my sweet husband might have forgotten to get the mail while I was gone. (Apparently the mail person noted this, too, as our box was rubber banded shut) To my surprise, I found packages! Look what Kristi Scrappy & Gangles sent us:

How cute are those bibs? Mr. CygKnit is crazy over anything with dinosaurs on it (see the dino button on the blue?) and I have long been in love with the green/brown/cream colorway. AND Kristi included yarn for me to make my own :) Though, of course, the boys didn't actually knit them themselves, "each bib was entirely made holding a baby (or two)."

While Mr. C and I are quite tickled at the surprise gift, baby CygKnit (aka Buster, at 27 weeks) had nothing to say:

I say, don't get your picture taken outside wearing a low-cut top when it's snowing.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Yay for surprise gifts!! And what lovely gifts they are.

The baby bump is way cute. =) Grow little one, grow.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Netter said...

Yay!! So glad to see you back and in fine fiddle.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Yes, good thing you're back. I would be forced to send you mean little emails if you didn't start posting again.

You know what I mean. The bunnies were going to revolt, I was being held up by carrot stick!

And yikes! When you don't see the baby bump for (let's see Jan. 10 to Mar. 21) um maybe around 10 weeks??? The baby bump is certainly bigger. lol

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great looking bump! Those bibs are adorable, too. I love the idea of a dinosaur button on the blue one!

Re: the sick husband thing? Doesn't it irritate you? Mine isn't sick that often, but when he is, oh man do I hear about it. It's a good thing the child bearing is left to the women! ;)

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So nice to see you blogging again! What a great package! I'll have to remember that no low cut top in the snow thing!

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From what I can see of you, you are looking glowing and very healthy in every sense of the pregnant word. (Or, "nice round belly, great boobs") :-)

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now THAT is one sexy baby bump - and holy Kabankies - for some reason my breasts were never informed that I was prego and stayed the same - now my ass was very well informed of the pregnancy ;) Glad you liked your package.

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the quilt, and love the belly! How ya feeling?

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know you survived Florida ;o) (though I knew that already...my brain is fried...taxes suck...)

You're looking great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home