05 April 2007

Cold day, warm neck

Waaaaaaaaay back in January I received a lovely scarf in the mail from Knitter Bunny...but I committed the ultimate blogger sin: I never mentioned it, except in passing. When she sent it to me, she asked if I could block it--she would have herself except she was afraid she'd not get to the post office if she did it. I said "Sure!" and promptly avoided blocking it. For 3 whole months.

Yesterday I was surprised to see that the cold was coming back and temps would be in the 20's when I left for work this week. In what I can only guess is a fit of pregnancy hormones, I decided I wasn't going to clean out the sink to wet the darn thing, I would just take it in the shower with me. So I did. After rolling it out in a damp towel, I set it on the back of the futon, right over the heat vent and prayed it would be dry by this morning:

Sure enough, it was:

Doesn't it look like the greyest, nastiest day out? (I'm guessing that's why I look so thrilled.) Perfect day for a hand-knit handspun scarf. We even had snowflakes this afternoon.

Thanks, Knitter Bunny.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what ever works! I'm hoping that the nice spring weather will come back soon!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Oops! I missed a post. Too much Pesach cooking, I guess. Love the little bolero, especially the edging. Wonderful job! Happy Pesach!

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cozy scarf! :o)

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

What a great idea of taking your knitting into the shower with you. You get 2 things done at once. The scarf is lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home