17 April 2007

Blogiversary

Somehow I managed to post on Saturday without remembering it was my blogiversary!

April 14, 2006 was the date that I made the official switch from having an online journal that was overrun with knitting to having a blog dedicated to the topic. I was nervous at first, as my journal was mostly private with only one or two people I knew well reading it. Writing for an audience was another sort of mindset, one I wasn't sure I could handle. Jumping into the blogosphere and setting up in a corner of Knit Land was frightining since I'm not so hot at flaunting myself...or dealing with criticism.

The Knitting Olympics really moved me, though, and made me realize that being a solitary knitter wasn't all it was cracked up to be. There were festivals out there, and author talks, and spin-ins and all kinds of people who were just as into this as me--and were real people.

This year has been bit of a roller coaster of blogging for me. For a while, I posted 5 days a week, then none, and now I'm just aiming for twice a week. There have been times when I've been utterly disgusted in my writing and others when I've been super proud of what I wrote (and then no one commented!). As well, there have been way too many times where I've wanted to give it up completely and times where I would have been lost without knowing that someone, somewhere was checking in on me. I may not have a readership of 300--or even 30--but I've gotten to know many of you in real life, either at festivals or through phone or off-post emails. That's what keeps me going most days, whether I say so or not. So, thank you.

10 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogivesary! Glad you decided to take the leap into blog land it's been great getting to know both on-line and off!

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad I met you, and I'm always rooting for you!

Happy Blogversary! Funny, I let mine slide by too...

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary! Can't wait to hear and see your posts in the coming year!

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!! :o)

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

Happy Blogiversary! I just had mine too. Amazingly I didn't forget it.

I've enjoyed your blog and your writing. You made the right decision to make your journal a full blown blog. The more the merrier!

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!! I am glad that you decided to stick it out.

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Cassiana's was the first blog I ever stumbled across (and at the time I didn't even know what a blog was) and I think I asked her the same kinds of questions.

We've come a long way, Baby. :-)

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Yay! CygKnit's Blogiversary! Happy happy happy!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Happy Blogiversary! I forgot mine, too. It was sometime in February. I got sucked into this by the Olympics, too! What a great way to meet new friends.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Zarzuela said...

Happy Blogiversary! :)

Jessica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home